Stroke, Spinal Cord Injuries, Osteoarthritis, Repetitive Strain injuries, Whiplash, Sports and Work-related Injuries are just some of the health concerns addressed by Physiotherapists.
Goals include restoration of range of motion, balance and co-ordination, muscle strengthening and pain relief. Physiotherapists work with patients to plan and carry out individually designed physical treatment programs to restore function and prevent disability from disease, trauma or injury and to maintain the physical function and movement health.
- Assess physical and functional abilities to identify problems
- Develop intervention programs to address problems
- Carry out programs that may include patient education, exercises, joint mobilization or other physical approaches such as electrotherapy or hydrotherapy
- Maintain clinical and statistical records
- Work in multidisciplinary teams and consult with other professionals as required
- Develop and implement screening and preventive health promotion programs
- Provide related education and consulting services
Physiotherapists work in a variety of settings including hospitals, community clinics, long-term care facilities, WCB rehab centres and consult with unions, health advocates and industry.
Read more about our: